I am so excited! My 13 month old daughter is so smart! Doesn't every mom think that though?
Anyway, yesterday, my daughter and I were playing with the baby doll and innumerable accessories (thanks Nana) that she received for her birthday. She actually tried to put the bottle in the baby's mouth, feed the baby, burp the baby, and hug the baby. I was psyched because I got it on video too! Later she and I were watching the video, and like a good egocentric 1 year old she is enamored with herself on the screen. Smiling and giggling and pointing to herself. I asked her, "Who is that?" and she pointed to herself!
This may seem like small potatoes to you, but I am so proud of my little girl. These are not things we expressly taught her; she simply picked them up!
Something we have been working very hard on learning is the ASL for please and more! She completely knows and can use "please" when needed, but has a double dose of her mommy's and daddy's stubbornness, so she doesn't always use it.
Then finally, today, she folded her hands and bowed her head for prayer for the first time! Wow! Children learn through experience, exposure and repetition. The proof is there! I am so proud of my little princess and hope you can join me in my excitement!
No comments:
Post a Comment