Friday, July 15, 2011

Library a Forgotten Treasure

Make the library your friend. I am starting with just plain research and I already realize how much this is an important resource.

At my library they have a parent/teacher section with all the materials I could ask to start with my research. Also, there is a di-cut available to teachers and homeschoolers, there are story times, and grades school activity clubs. There are seasonal books, educational boxes based on themes for preschoolers, free kids movies (educational and fun), audio books, and several other resources!

Something else I never thought of is the fact that by using library books to research I cannot simply highlight and take notes directly in the book, like I prefer. So instead I am taking notes separately in a notebook. This will actually be more useful to me as I can simply go and look it up in the notebook when I have a question. Plus I believe it helps me to truly sift through the information and retain what is important.

So just remember, the library is wonderful. Real books are wonderful. The learning opportunities are endless for you and your child/children.

No comments:

Post a Comment